Proctology specifically relates to changes and illnesses of the rectum and anus. At the Medical Center Quellenhof we carry out specific outpatient procedures, while surgeries under local or general anaesthetic are performed at the St. Anna private clinic in Merano/Meran.
Proctology at the Medical Center Quellenhof
Focus on the rectum
Many of the problems listed below can be treated conservatively. If the need for surgical treatment arises, this is mainly performed on an outpatient basis under local anaesthesia and additional sedation.
- Anal eczema
- Marisques (enlarged skin flaps at the anus)
- Perianal vein thrombosis
- Anal rhagades and fissures (anal tears)
- Genital warts (condylomata acuminata)
- Inflammatory lesions (abscesses) on the anus
- Anal fistulas
- Intestinal polyps in the rectal area
Therapy is carried out according to the stage:
- stad. I Sclerotherapy
- stad. II Rubber band ligation according to Barron
- stad. III Resection of the haemorrhoidal knot according to Milligan-Morgan
- stad. IV Operation according to Longo (forklift technique) in the private clinic
The treatment of a coccyx, fistula or cyst is carried out depending on the medical history and clinical findings:
- Outpatient and under local anaesthesia: "pit picking" - operation
- In-patient and under general anaesthesia: operation according to Karydakis
FULL BODY SCANNER FOR EARLY SKIN CANCER DETECTION
With the groundbreaking and state-of-the-art 3D whole-body scanner, we map the surface of the skin with a single image.
With sophisticated computer technology and the aid of artificial intelligence, it is then possible to detect early forms of skin cancer and treat them adequately.