Laser treatment for permanent hair removal
A permanently beautiful and smooth skin without annoying stubble is the wish of many who come to us at the Medical Centre. On the face or other parts of the body where hair is not desired, it is not only a cosmetic problem, but often also a psychological one. Legs, bikini area, armpits and upper lip are typical problem areas for women. Men, on the other hand, are often bothered by pronounced back hair.
Epilation with the help of wax, tweezers, electric devices and especially simple shaving is not permanent, sometimes painful and time-consuming. It is often associated with unpleasant side effects, such as ingrown hairs, pustules and irritated skin areas.
According to current medical knowledge, laser epilation is the only method to get rid of unwanted hair and hairs permanently, with little pain and without side effects.
Definitive epilation at the Medical Center Quellenhof with the Primelase HR The laser emits light of one or more specific wavelengths. The energy transported with the light can destroy the growth zone of the hair root, the hair follicle. However, this is only possible for hairs that are in the process of growing. To explain: every hair goes through three phases; growth phase, transition phase and rest phase. Since never all hairs of the body region to be treated
the same time, several sessions are necessary to treat all the hair follicles.
are necessary to destroy all hair follicles.
- any skin type
- any hair colour
- any hair thickness
Procedure of the treatment:
- Anaesthesia: none necessary
- Duration of treatment: depending on body region from 5 - 30 minutes
- Aftercare: on the day of the treatment, solarium and sun exposure should be avoided. We recommend sun protection with SPF 50+.
- Socially acceptable: directly after the treatment
- Results: visible results already after 1 session, excellent results can be expected after 4-7 sessions. The frequency of treatment depends on the area of the body, the hair colour and density, and the intensity of hair growth. Every person has the ability to grow new hair roots, even after laser hair removal. With an annual "touch-up", the hair-free result can be maintained.
- Risks: almost painless, practically no skin irritations, no burns, no scars.